Services for Vulnerable and Disabled People
Life is highly unpredictable. Sometimes, when you least expect it, you find it harder than you ever thought imaginable. Facing life after a serious illness or injury is often frightening and daunting, and when that happens it’s so difficult to find the right people to help you.
At Coffin Mew Solicitors we have the right team to help you whatever the situation. We know how life can change and what it takes to overcome challenges that you never imagined you would have to face. We have particular expertise in brain injury and cerebral palsy.
Coffin Mew has a team of highly regarded legal advisors who have their own personal experience of disability and who have helped many people from all walks of life not only gain the just and fair compensation they deserve, but also access the rehabilitation assistance needed to make the best medical, social and psychological recovery.
Our experts provide legal advice and practical help to individuals, families, professionals and charities working with and caring for our clients.
A team that understands
Led by Sue Bowler, who has a wealth of experience acting on behalf of vulnerable people in her role as a Professional Deputy, our team can help to guarantee the security of your loved one, keeping you involved every step of the way.
We offer a full service including:
- Being the first people for clients to contact at a time of great need
- Assessing mental capacity
- Wills (including statutory wills) and Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Court of Protection (“Deputyship”) – financial affairs, and health and welfare
- Managing the affairs of people lacking capacity
- Buying and selling houses, including adapting the one you have or buying and rebuilding the one that you need
- Working with specialist financial advisors to secure your capital and income for the future
- Personal Injury claims, with particular expertise in those involving brain injury
- Clinical (medical) negligence claims, with particular expertise in those involving brain injury and cerebral palsy
- Personal Injury Trusts
- Getting you the right care and treatment
- Advice regarding care home fees
- We have strong links with a number of local charities and are involved in a number of fundraising initiatives each year
What our clients say
In this video, we talk to Mandy Day and her son Andrew, about their clinical negligence claim and the damages which Coffin Mew were able to recover for them.
You gave 100% all of the time. You went out of your way to make sure I was always kept up to date, and were happy to explain things I didn’t understand.
We were extremely impressed from start to finish. From the initial enquiry to the outcome, we were treated with total understanding and empathy.
The ease with which you reassured me throughout my claim does great credit to your profession.
If you would like further information please contact us on 023 9238 8021 or click below to send an email.