Health and Social Care
Everyday, thousands of children and adults rely on health and social care services provided by public authorities to meet their needs which may arise from a disability or old age. This includes services such as assistance with care at home, respite care, adaptations to their property, care homes and nursing homes. For most, the level of health and social care delivered is excellent and well meets our needs, however, given recent budget cuts to public services, care services can fail or are cut, leaving you vulnerable and at risk.
Our health and social care team have years of experience helping clients challenge health and social care decisions. Many of the team themselves are form local government lawyers or have worked within the health service, offering significant first-hand experience of this area and how it works. We understand that your well-being comes first and will help you obtain the care and support to which you are entitled to.
We advise clients, their carers, case managers and professional Deputies in securing services from statutory authorities. We’ve helped our clients with virtually every aspect of health and social care law, including:
- Community Care – including failure to carry out an assessment and failure to provide suitable care following an assessment
- Challenging Local Authority assessments and funding decisions
- Care for the elderly and paying for care
- Mental capacity – including Advance Decisions, best interests and Deprivation of Liberty
- Healthcare funding disputes – including NHS continuing healthcare (CHC) disputes
- Disputes about a vulnerable person’s health, welfare or best interests
- Children with disabilities and their parents
- Former armed forces personnel and veterans
If you would like further information please contact us on 023 9238 8021 or fill in the enquiry form.