Finance and Commercial Director
What's your role?
I am part of the leadership team at the helm of Coffin Mew’s operations in a newly created role that combines the traditional FD position with a modern approach to technology, business architecture and system analysis to further improve operational efficiency and client service excellence. My role is to help manage targeted investment so the firm continues to maintain its financial strength and market positioning.
With experience spanning three decades starting 10 years with Coopers & Lybrand as an ACA, my career has been dedicated to professional services encompassing accountancy, legal, regulation, consultancy and technology solutions. I have led several leading business intelligence companies and operated as an independent change management consultant.
I have worked in the City, Hong Kong and across Europe involved in running and integrating acquired businesses, building teams and implementing strategies for efficiency, market positioning and growth.
I have handled the acquisitions of several businesses and led change management programmes encompassing organisational structure, culture, systems and performance management. I understand how to integrate and build teams as well as implement strategies for growth.
My approach is to embrace new ideas and help find ways get the best from all aspects of the operations and not restrict myself as an accountant.
- Financial Management
- Mentoring and Developing Teams
- Change Management
- Technology Solutions and Business intelligence
- Developing and Implementing the Business Strategy
- Running & Growing Businesses
Which five words best describe you?
Three things we didn't know about you
- I have a Classics degree (Ancient Greek and Latin)
- I pulled the emergency cord on a Bristol-London 125 fast train when smoke filled the carriage (it turned out to be a prank smoke bomb!)
- I played for England Schoolboys rugby as a hooker.
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales