Solicitor - Family
What's your role?
I am an accredited divorce and family lawyer based at the firm’s Newbury office in Berkshire.
I advise on all aspects of family law, with a particular emphasis on complex financial matters. This will often involve businesses, trusts, tax, offshore assets, pensions and other jurisdictions.
I specialise in dealing with the issues arising from relationship breakdown, including the financial consequences of divorce or separation, and the arrangements for children.
I also have expertise in advising on pre-nuptial agreements and cases involving unmarried couples.
I have advised clients for over 10 years across the Thames Valley, developing particular expertise on the financial consequences of relationship breakdown.
I have practiced exclusively in the area of family law since qualifying and am an accredited specialist in advanced finance.
My experience includes:
- Representing high net worth clients with significant property and investment portfolios
- Acting for business owners and directors with complex business structures
- Representing high profile clients with unwanted media attention
- Preserving wealth with pre and post nuptial settlements
- Supporting wives where ongoing financial support is essential
- Obtaining orders to prevent dissipation of assets
- Acting in cases involving unmarried couples, including financial support for children
- Protecting and varying family trusts and settlements
- Dealing with cases involving offshore and foreign assets
- Resolving arrangements for children, including domestic and international relocation.
- Acting for grandparents and other family members in children disputes
- Complex financial matters
- Dispute resolution
- Prenuptial agreements
- Children matters
Which five words best describe you?
Three things we didn't know about you?
- I ran the London Marathon in 2016 for PACT, one of the UK’s leading independent adoption agencies
- I taught French at a secondary school in Malawi
- I have travelled extensively through Africa, Central and South America
Memberships & Associations
- Resolution – Accredited Specialist
- Thames Valley Family Lawyers Society
Extremely helpful, very instructive and provided a clear way forward.
I cannot speak more highly of Mr Duncan. He was extremely professional and so compassionate towards how I was feeling that I was utterly comfortable having him in my corner. I recommend him to anyone. He was brilliant.
The service I received from Stuart Duncan was excellent.
I want to express my gratitude for your patience and diligence in the way that you handled my case, your calm approach, which was very reassuring and very much needed. You were well aware of the challenges but persevered and delivered successfully the desired end result. I cannot begin to express what that means to me.
Thank you so much for all your hard work.