Senior Associate Solicitor - Wills, Trusts & Probate
What’s your role?
I help individuals with all aspects of legal work for their private affairs and I particularly enjoy being a first port of call for individual clients and getting to know them over a period of time.
I have particular expertise in UK capital tax planning, trust restructuring and complex estate administrations, including planning and administering wealth for those with assets in different countries.
I also have previous experience in Corporate/Commercial matters and I work closely with our Corporate, Commercial and Commercial Property teams advising business owners and managers holistically on their tax and estate planning.
I have built a strong reputation for precision, technical expertise and attention to detail, coupled with a friendly, down-to-earth nature and plain English approach.
I have a strong community focus and am well-connected to other professionals in my home town of Newbury. I am delighted that Coffin Mew have recently acquired an old-established Newbury firm of Solicitors where I previously worked.
I have practised in this area of law for over 10 years at several of the UK’s top law firms, including some of the most highly-regarded private client firms on the South Coast.
I trained under one of the UK’s leading specialists in trust law and inheritance tax and I have worked for a huge variety of clients, including landed estates, offshore trusts, ultra-high net worth individuals (both UK and overseas), business owners and major investors.
- Inheritance tax and estate planning
- Restructuring old / complex trusts
- Complex / overseas estate administration
- Complex Will and trust preparation
Which five words best describe you?
Three things we didn’t know about you?
- I am an obsessive mountaineer and have summited several Alpine peaks
- My home is regularly missing important things like walls, floors and ceilings!
- I’m so proud of my dad, who saved a young Ghanian girl from blindness when I was young
Memberships & Associations
- Full member of the Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners