Partner - Head of New Homes
What’s your role?
I head up the New Homes team which is a team specialising in the purchase of new build properties. The team deals with in excess of 3,000 property transactions each year. This is a fast growing and very busy team working to tight deadlines set by developers. Part of my role is focused on the strategic growth of the team. I also ensure the delivery of client service excellence by the team through the management, development, and training of individual team members and the improvement of processes and procedures. I also assist with complicated technical issues.
I deal with complex property issues and help clients buy, sell and mortgage all types of property effectively and efficiently.
I qualified as a solicitor in 1997 and joined Coffin Mew in 2001 I have over 25 years experience of working for developers and housing associations selling new build properties and have previously worked in house for a national developer. I have extensive and rounded knowledge of the new homes market from both a developers and plot buyers perspective. This specialism includes knowledge of planning agreements, CML requirements, Help to Buy and other affordable initiatives.
All property-related work for private individuals and companies focusing on:
- Tricky complex property issues surrounding high net worth properties
- Leasehold property issues including lease extensions and enfranchisement
I have particular experience dealing with developers and Housing Associations to include:
- New build development site set ups
- Subsequent plot sales
- Purchase of new build properties
- Planning agreements – negotiation and variation
- Shared ownership
- Shared equity
- In depth knowledge of the Capital Funding Guide
- All affordable housing initiatives such Help to Buy
Which five words best describe you?
Three things we didn’t know about you?
- I am a keen rugby fan with two sons that play at either Club, County and academy level
- I ride horses and love to lose myself in the New Forest for a couple of hours to get away from the stresses and strains of everyday life
- My favourite colour is red and I have 12 pairs of red shoes