Conveyancing Executive - New Homes
What's your role?
I am currently working as a full-time fee earner in the New Homes team. I manage my own case load of around 8 different developments; progressing each case from initial client instruction to legal completion. I act for individuals who are purchasing a new home and/or selling a residential property, as well as acting for lenders to ensure that their interests in the property are adequately protected.
I have gained thorough experience of dealing with property transactions since graduation from the University of the West of England in 2014, where I obtained a First class qualifying Law degree.
I started off my legal career in a different practice, where I also worked in the New Homes department. I rapidly developed my legal understanding of Property law and practice, and progressed from an assistant to fee-earner level within 10 months. Subsequently, I joined Coffin Mew in July 2015 to enhance my legal experience and acquire further challenges and responsibilities within my career.
Alongside working for Coffin Mew, I am currently undertaking the Legal Practice Course on a part time basis; in the hope of achieving my goal of becoming a qualified solicitor in the foreseeable future.
- Progressing conveyancing transactions of the purchase of new homes, part-exchanges and residential sales
- Shared Equity, namely the Help to Buy scheme
- Forces Help to Buy scheme
- Experience within Shared Ownership transactions
- Acting for lenders
Which five words best describe you?
Three things we didn't know about you?
- I am a keen football fan and often travel up and down the country to support Southampton Football Club
- I am an eager traveller and have visited many different parts of the world; including East Asia, Caribbean islands, and European cities – South America is next on my agenda!
- Whilst at University I participated in various voluntary work, from assisting within drug and alcohol rehabilitation services to Domestic Violence support centres and law firms – Unfortunately I have no spare time on my hands to volunteer anymore, whilst working full-time and studying part-time!
A breath of fresh air.
Thank you so much for all your help in making this process as smooth as possible. It is much appreciated.