Partner - Commercial Property
What's your role?
I provide an excellent client care service for clients.
I make my clients think – that is my USP.
Particular areas that I work in include:
- Retail sector
- Industrial units
- Head Office relocations
- Dentists and Doctors practices
I have developed experience in the following areas, working closely with Corporate Services, Residential Property, Dispute Resolution and Private Client colleagues, as the need arises for the client:
- Banking documentation advice and security work for banks involved in real-estate lending with an element usually of business loans or property development loans.
- Corporate sales and acquisitions – property related support work involving real-estate, environmental, asbestos and health & safety issues arising in such transactions.
- Business sales and acquisitions involving a key property asset element – acting for family businesses and business families covering dentists, doctors, caterers, florists, mobile phones sector, motor vehicle repair/filling station sites, general retail licensed premises such as restaurants and public houses, coffee shops, health practitioners, accountants, insurance brokers, IT consultants, surveyors, architects, planning consultants, media related businesses, design agencies, estate agents, banks, building societies, interior designers, dry cleaners, food related sector from production and bakery to retailing in that sector.
- In acting for “Family Businesses and Business Families” – trained as a Family Business Advisor, developed a keen interest in the “dynamics” involved in a “Family Business”
- Landlord and Tenant work – particular interest and energy in dealing with lease renewals, the procedures and tactics involved, and those to be adopted to protect the client’s position in the negotiation process from dealing with Landlord’s Notices to Court applications, Court hearings and Court procedures as well as drafting, amending and approving commercial leases – to put the client in the most beneficial and tactical negotiating position suiting them.
- Head Office relocations – involving companies who have need for large office space and are planning relocation. Complex issues arise for existing premises involving exit strategy, staff issues, dilapidations, hand over to project managing the move to new offices, fit out, staffing, asbestos and health & safety issues, timing, IT related issues connected with the move.
- Self Invested Personal Pension Scheme – property related purchase transactions – involving Dentist, Doctor, IT clients – covering purchase, bank documentation, pension trustee requirements and lease backs.
The complexity of the work involved in the Commercial Property sector means close team work with other members of the Commercial Property team.
- Landlord and Tenant matters including commercial leases and ancillary documents and transactions
- Freehold sales and purchases of commercial property
- Acquisition and sale of development land.
- Options and planning agreements
- Property and neighbour disputes – Title issues and investigation
- Business sales and purchases
- Family Businesses – the dynamics involved
Which five words best describe you?
Three things we didn't know about you?
- I was born in Tanzania
- I love cycling (attend spin classes completely fearful of the pain to be self-inflicted), yoga, pilates, swimming and gym
- I play Tabla (Indian drums), once a year
Memberships & Associations
- Member of Newbury Rotary Club (Past President)
- Co-Founder ‘Newbury Professionals’ networking group
- Member of the Newbury & District Agricultural Society (Royal County of Berkshire Show)
I am sincerely grateful to you for the care and attention you gave to the business, now happily concluded!