Associate Solicitor - Commercial Property
What's your role?
I am known for my commercial and diligent approach to matters and am friendly and easy to talk to. My aim is to provide clients with a clear understanding of the technical issues involved and equip them with the information to take the decisions required without lots of legal jargon.
I provide pragmatic advice on commercial landlord and tenant transactions, property finance, sales and acquisitions, development and construction law acting for businesses, individuals, investors, funders, local authorities and pension funds.
I worked in a very technical industry for a number of years prior to becoming a solicitor and tried my best to make complex algorithms and theories understandable to those without a technical background. Hopefully something that has followed me into my legal career.
I qualified as a commercial property solicitor in 2007 and joined Coffin Mew as an Associate Solicitor in January 2016.
- Freehold and leasehold property acquisitions and disposals
- Commercial landlord and tenant
- Property finance and investment
- Commercial property advice including restrictive covenants, easements and overage
- Collateral warranties for Construction contracts
Which five words best describe you?
Three things we didn’t know about you?
- I was a Research Scientist in the Space Department at DERA / Qinetiq before I became a solicitor
- I made my own period dress from scratch and wore it with pride at the Revival Meeting at Goodwood (and am also a dab hand at curtains!)
- I met Prince Charles at the South of England show when I was a child and refused to let him look at my balloon
Memberships & Associations
- Member of the Brighton Chamber of Commerce