Associate Solicitor- Dispute Resolution
What's your role?
I am an Associate Solicitor in the Dispute Resolution Team and I advise clients on a wide range of corporate and commercial disputes including: contractual claims, restrictive covenant disputes, shareholder disputes and debt recovery.
I am a member of the firm’s Tech Sector. I have a particular interest in intellectual property disputes, assisting companies and individuals to protect their intellectual property rights, predominantly against online infringements.
My experience includes:
– Assisting with a high value dispute between a European group company and UK company relating to the construction of a contractual term worth more than £1 million, including all stages of claim up to settlement in advance of expedited trial.
– Advising in relation to effective notification of a multi-jurisdictional claim for defective products against an international company in the food distribution sector.
– Acting in relation to the recovery of debts and the enforcement of associated personal guarantees worth at least £1.2million.
– Acting in relation to a claim by former shareholders under an indemnity clause at all stages from issue through to second appeal by the Defendant.
– Acting for a European UK based company in relation to online infringements of their registered trade marks and intellectual property, advising as to available options and steps to guard against future infringement.
– Acting in relation to UK and EU trade mark opposition and cancellation proceedings, including the negotiation of co-existence agreements, where appropriate.
– Advising individuals and companies in relation to debt recovery at a range of levels, including drafting LBA’s and pursuing proceedings.
- General commercial and corporate disputes
- Partnership and shareholder disputes
- IP disputes- copyright, trade mark and domain name disputes
- Enforcement of restrictive covenants and NDA’s
- Professional negligence disputes
- Defamation disputes
It has been a complete pleasure being guided by you through this entire process.
I remain hugely grateful for your advice and efforts on my behalf during this unpleasant business. It was hugely reassuring to be a recipient of the high professional standards practised at Coffin Mew.