Solicitor - Commercial Employment Services
I am a Solicitor in the Employment team and deal with a wide range of issues for both employers and employees.
I advise clients on both contentious and non-contentious workplace issues. My experience includes advising on day-to-day HR matters including exiting staff, disciplinary issues and grievances, as well as the drafting of contractual and policy documentation and advising on complex settlements. I also work closely with our Corporate team to assist them with transactions, particularly navigating TUPE transfers.
I also qualified into the Commercial team and have a range of experience providing commercial support and advice, particularly to start up and recruitment businesses. This includes drafting and advising on standard terms (both B2B and B2C), assisting with business and brand protection matters (such as the registration of trade marks and drafting non-disclosure agreements), and advising on data protection matters.
My work in the Commercial team allows me to bring a high level of commerciality to my advice on Employment law matters. I work hard to get to know my clients to understand how they operate and what is important to them, to achieve the best end result.
Prior to joining Coffin Mew, I attended the University of Manchester and the University of Southampton. I completed the Legal Practice Course at the University of Law in Guildford. In my spare time, I am also completing a Masters through the University of Law, in association with the International Bar Association.
I previously worked as a Legal Adviser at the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, the professional body for the recruitment industry, where I provided legal assistance to a large number of recruitment companies, focusing mainly on employment and contractual issues.
I undertook my training contract with Coffin Mew, where I experienced diverse areas of law and a range of quality clients. I completed seats in Employment, Catastrophic and Clinical Injury, Corporate, and Commercial. I qualified at the Firm in mid-2017.
- Advising on all employment law issues, including those relating to unfair dismissals, discrimination, and TUPE
- Guiding employers through disciplinary and grievance issues
- Advising on settlement agreements
- Drafting and reviewing employment contracts, service agreements, policies and settlement agreements
- Advising on recruitment law and drafting recruitment specific documents
- The GDPR and data protection generally, specifically in an employment context
- The Technology Sector
Which five words best describe you?
- Team player
- Sensible (sometimes!)
Three things we didn't know about?
- I am an avid tennis fan. My playing ability is poor but my spectating ability is great. Andy Murray and Gael Monfils are my favourite players.
- I am terrified of flying. Unfortunately, even the British Airways Fear of Flying Course hasn’t cured me – although it certainly doesn’t stop me from travelling.
- I love to sail. One day I aim to beat my Mum’s record of sailing across the Atlantic, twice!
Memberships & Associations
- Member of the Coffin Mew Technology Sector.
- Member of the Employment Lawyer’s Association
- Vice President of the South Hampshire Junior Lawyer’s Division
I was very pleased with the work you did for me, your responsiveness, and your dealings with my previous employer…thank you so much.
Thanks, again, for your sterling support and fast turnaround of this and all the other rapid-fire issues we push your way!