Associate Solicitor - Employment
What's your role?
I deal with a wide range of issues for employers and employees, and have experience of clients within both the public and private sectors.
I am known for my commercial and user friendly approach. Clients appreciate my practical and easy to understand advice and I have been described by clients as being an invaluable resource.
I consider the needs of each particular client’s business, and try to understand how they like their advice – for example short and to the point, or lengthy and covering all bases. My aim is to leave clients with a clear understanding of the next steps without feeling like they’ve been bamboozled by the law.
I qualified as an employment solicitor in 2004 and joined Coffin Mew as an Associate in February 2015. I am a member of the Employment Lawyers Association, and am described by the legal directory, Chambers and Partners UK, as “a good, serious lawyer” and an “Associate to Watch”.
- Delivering in-house training sessions and seminars
- I am highly experienced in litigation and appear in the Employment Tribunal as an advocate.
- Advising on all issues, including those relating to unfair dismissals, discrimination, equal pay and TUPE
- Guiding employers through change programmes, e.g restructures and redundancy
- Advising organisations on disciplinary and grievance issues
- Drafting and reviewing employment contracts, service agreements and settlement agreements.
Which five words best decsribe you?
- Team player
Three things we didn't know about you?
- I play the cornet in a brass band
- I am well versed in the antics of Mr Tumble thanks to my lovely toddler
- I once hugged the late, great Richard Attenborough (he presented my law degree as Vice Chancellor of Sussex University)
Testimonials and accreditations
A good, serious lawyer.
Chambers & Partners 2015
Amy responded promptly to correspondence and telephone calls, gave a clear explanation of the process, provided clear information about fees and raised pertinent queries with former employer. She dealt with the issue quickly, competently and sympathetically.