Partner - Restructuring & Insolvency
T 020 3002 2892
M 07753 832323
What’s your role?
I am a Partner in the Business Recovery and Insolvency team.
I have over 15 years’ experience in corporate recovery and restructuring, gained in Top 20 practices in the City. I advise on all aspects of distressed situations whether transactional or contentious, cross-border or domestic: restructurings, exit strategies and enforcement options, administrations, receiverships, liquidations, CVAs and all related litigation matters.
My practice involves acting for lenders and borrowers, as well as insolvency practitioners and other stakeholders of distressed businesses. Clients benefit from the experience I have gained in two banking secondments, which included working in Spain.
- Leading advice to development finance investors (sovereign wealth funds) and for the English part of group, AlixPartners as liquidators on restructuring and sales within Anglo-Mozambican group, a clean-cooking venture to promote alternative cooking fuels in Mozambique.
- Advising ad hoc US lender group on effect of $360m Chapter 11 reorganisation of CORE Entertainment Group (owners of the Pop Idol franchise) on English groupings
- Advising directors of SPV at the fulcrum of a £750m restructuring and sale of Enterprise Group plc to Ferrovial S.A. on trading and disposal of operating group below it.
- Leading advice to Propco entities within a private hospital group on its financial and corporate restructuring.
- Advising trustee for secured lenders on £35m restructuring of Western Bio-Energy Group, involving administration of main trading company and dealing with disputes with other large stakeholders.
- £18.9m restructuring of smart meter installation group for mixture of debt and equity investors.
- Advising receivers of £150m debt linked to the Marme Group liquidation in Spain and associated Aabar Block/ Glenn Maud proceedings. Successfully issued emergency proceedings for declaratory relief and freezing injunction to protect receivers’ position over assets being used in bid for the property complex occupied as the headquarters of Santander near Madrid, valued at approximately €1.950bn.
- Advising client on protection of position in debt and equity investment in portfolio of development land and bars in Nevis and Caymans Islands (second-most valuable investment on Nevis), with English and Netherlands finance and security agreements, including potential rights of action, injunctive relief and enforcement of security.
- Advising purchaser of Power Plate business in US and UK against claims by administrators (now liquidators) of Power Plate International Ltd arising from our client’s acquisition of the Power Plate business in the US and UK. The acquisition was an effective re-start of the business by our clients and in conducting the litigation we had to ensure ease of cash-flow on any payments due from them.
- Advising English liquidators of a dissolved Liberian company over recovery and realisation of its assets in England.