Our extensive experience of property disputes enables us to work closely with our clients, to fully understand the nature and extent of the problem, to carefully discuss their expectations and explain the processes and cost involved in reaching a satisfactory resolution.
Property disputes have long been recognised as a complex subject, with frequent changes in the law through legislation and court precedent. Keeping abreast of these changes is vital and our property litigation team has a wealth of experience and the resources to find solutions to even the most involved cases.
The following are some examples within the spectrum of commercial and private property disputes that we regularly advise clients upon:
Commercial property disputes
- Business lease renewals
- Dilapidations claims
- Forfeiture and distraint, including the preparation and service of statutory notices
- Unlawful assignment and subletting
- Property related insolvency issues
- Construction disputes, including JCT and NEC contracts
- Professional negligence claims against solicitors and surveyors
Residential property disputes
- Rent arrears claims
- Possession actions, including the preparation and service of statutory notices
- Remedies for breaches of other covenants (e.g. unlawful sub-letting)
- Service charges claims and challenges and issues involving the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal
- Restrictive and positive covenants
- Adverse possession and trespass
- Nuisance actions
We have experience with construction disputes, whether involving the various JCT standard contracts or NEC contracts, or, as is often the case, no apparent written contract at all. We advise on relevant statutory provisions, including the Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996, the Construction Contracts (England and Wales) Regulations 2008, and on corresponding contractual issues, including collateral warranties. We can guide and assist clients with adjudication, arbitration, mediation and litigation.
If you would like further information please contact us on 023 8033 4661 or click below to send an email.