You might be a creditor of a business or individual who has defaulted on a payment due to you, perhaps a landlord of a tenant who has defaulted on their lease and is facing, or is already subject to, an insolvency procedure such as a voluntary arrangement, liquidation or administration, or a service provider who has a customer who has failed to pay for the services you have provided by the due date for payment and you have concerns about their ability to pay.
You might be considering lending money to an individual, partnership or company and want to protect yourself against the possibility of them becoming insolvent in the future.
The Insolvency & Business Recovery Team can help you:
- Understand and put in place appropriate security to protect you against the borrower becoming insolvent and being unable to repay you.
- Review any security you may already have in relation to the debt, including retention of title rights.
- Understand the options available to you in trying to recover money which you have lent.
- Consider appropriate repayment plans with a borrower, including proposals through a formal voluntary arrangement.
- Recover your assets from a debtor or insolvency practitioner appointed to deal with their affairs.
- Enforce any security you might have for the debt.
- Serve statutory demands and issue bankruptcy and winding up petitions against individuals, partnerships and companies.
- Get appropriate insolvency practitioners appointed over insolvent individuals, partnerships and companies so that they can investigate their dealings and realise their assets.
- Deal with notices sent out by insolvency practitioners in relation to the individuals, partnerships or companies which owe you money.
- Attend and vote at creditors meetings in relation to the borrower
If you would like further information please contact us on 023 8033 4661 or click below to send an email.
What our clients say about us
The thing that I like most about the people that we have dealt with is that they are tenacious in seeking a recovery for their clients no matter how many fruitless arguments are placed before them. Insolvency is highly specialised and requires practical, timely and commercial legal advice, often while under severe pressure. I am happy to instruct and recommend Coffin Mew as I believe that they achieve this and each time I instruct them I do so with confidence.