Manufacturing and Engineering
We have a specialist and highly experienced manufacturing and engineering sector legal advisory team. We take the time to understand your manufacturing business and your requirements to be able to deliver practical, solution-led advice to a sector that is highly-skilled, diverse, innovative and spans both local and global markets.
Our manufacturing and engineering specialists have worked with many national and international organisations in the sector, providing tailored advice including in relation to corporate transactions, including cross-border transactions, commercial law, property matters, employment aspects and complex disputes. As such, we have developed a valuable knowledge of the manufacturing and engineering sector, borne from our experience and from meeting with directors of manufacturing and engineering companies to talk about the issues that matter to them as part of our dedicated quarterly Manufacturing Business Leaders’ Forums.
The manufacturing and engineering sector is used as a barometer in the media in respect of market conditions, with coverage including the impact of imports and exports on our markets, the growth of high-tech manufacturing, skills within the workforce, apprenticeships, offshoring and on shoring and globalisation amongst others.
Our team seeks to become an extension to your board and legal team, helping you to navigate obstacles, to enable growth and mitigate risk. Through regular client reviews, health checks, training and directors’ forums, our team achieve a clear picture of your corporate aims, challenges and threats.
At Coffin Mew we have a dedicated team of experts who specialise in the manufacturing and engineering sector. This enables us to stay ahead of the latest legislation affecting our clients and gives us a deep understanding of the challenges they face.
We guide and advise manufacturing and engineering clients of all sizes across a variety of issues and projects. These include but are not limited to:
- Setting up and structuring a new organisation
- Buying and selling manufacturing and engineering companies
- Buying and selling a business or certain assets of a business
- Undertaking traditional joint ventures or entering into collaboration agreements
- Making majority and minority investments into manufacturing and engineering companies and selling the investment when the time is right
- Advising on finance options and related security
- Drafting robust commercial terms
- Protecting intellectual property rights, including the registration of trade marks and patents
- Implementing effective employee management strategies and enterprise management incentive schemes
- Resolving commercial disputes and protecting reputation
- Managing data compliance and cyber threats to mitigate online risks
- Drafting and advising on commercial property aspects including factory freeholds, leases, planning and development issues
We are confident that you will like what we do. We will invest the time to get to know you and your business. We would be happy to arrange a no-obligation meeting to discuss what we can add to your organisation to help you achieve your objectives.