Lawyers specialising in the Charity, Not-for-Profit and Third Sector
We are legal experts and business advisors to the Charity sector. Our dedicated team believe that with the variety of compliance obligations impacting organisations in the ‘Third Sector’, it is crucial that business leaders have access to legal experts who truly understand the market, the challenges and the opportunities.
Situations arise that represent serious organisational, financial and legal risk. These risks can escalate as time passes. Often limited resources and voluntary supporters mean that professional legal advice is seen as a ‘luxury’ rather than seeking out at the earliest opportunity, where it can help shape solutions and overcome potential obstacles. Involving legal advisors early on can significantly reduce the time and cost involved in resolving difficult situations. By providing swift, pragmatic and cost-effective access to our Charity sector legal team, we can help you in managing risk effectively.
Our team advise a comprehensive array of clients in the sector including charities, trusts, social enterprises, churches, voluntary and not-for-profit groups.
Our dedicated team consists of legal experts from across our entire practice in order to deliver a comprehensive and holistic advisory service. Our team can provide legal advice around the following areas:
- Undertaking mergers and disposals
- Advising on fundraising activities, re-financing and re-structuring activities
- Governance advice and training
- Dealing with Charity Commission investigations, reporting and consents.
- Navigating the variety of sector specific employment related compliance requirements, policies and procedures to enhance productivity and reduce absenteeism
- Helping to avoid and successfully resolving commercial disputes
- Leading, negotiating and completing property lease renewals, site acquisitions and disposals, planning submissions and construction disputes
- Supporting injured individuals and advising elderly and vulnerable adults through our specialist Services to Individuals teams
We are confident that you will like our approach, centred upon client service excellence. We would welcome a conversation to understand your organisation, your team’s challenges and future objectives to help us to shape and tailor the way that our dedicated charity sector team supports you.
If you would like further information please contact us on 023 9238 8021 or click below to send an email.