Landlord and tenant
Our expert commercial property team advises landlords and tenants on the grant, acquisition and renewal of business leases and related transactions. In fact, we offer fixed fee, fixed turnaround commercial lease products ensuring client landlords and tenants complete transactions on time and on budget.
Our team of dedicated commercial specialists lead the sector thanks to our experience, network of professional contacts and understanding of the local market. We are highly regarded and recognised for the range of services we offer our clients.
Coffin Mew’s landlord and tenant clients include:
- Businesses and private individuals
- Public bodies and charities
- SIPP and SSAS pension trustees and their customers
Our services to landlords and tenants include:
- Grant, acquisition and renewal of commercial property leases – we advise our clients on title, searches and pre-contract enquiries, as well as submission of Stamp Duty Land Tax Returns and registrations with the Land Registry and Companies House
- Related property transactions – we assist in agreeing licences to assign, deeds of assignment and transfers; licences for alterations and other major or minor works; deeds of variation and covenant; rent review memoranda; authorised guarantee agreements (“AGA”) and other agreements
- Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 – we share best practice and pragmatic advice towards renewing or opposing the renewal of a lease granted with security of tenure and on excluding the grant of a lease with security of tenure, in conjunction with our property litigation team
We constantly strive to add value to our client relationships, a few examples include:
- Developing close relationships with our clients and a thorough understanding of their businesses and objectives
- Working closely with clients’ other professional advisors, such as surveyors, architects, planning consultants, construction teams, accountants and bankers
- Using these relationships and understanding to help develop existing and new opportunities for clients, strike an appropriate balance of commercial risk and deliver clients’ wider business objectives
If you would like further information please contact us on 023 9238 8021 or fill in the enquiry form.