Coffin Mew’s leading commercial property team helps clients buy, sell, lease, develop and secure finance against real estate.
Our team of dedicated property specialists lead the market in the sector. We are highly regarded and respected for the breadth and depth of services given to organisations, institutions, investors, charities and property agents.
The team’s clients include:
- Businesses and private individuals
- Public bodies and charities
- SIPP and SSAS pension trustees and their customers
The team is particularly good at assisting in complex or unusual property development deals.
Chambers and Partners UK, 2019
Our Commercial Property team specialise in:
- Investment – we support clients from acquisition, disposal and management of freehold and leasehold properties and portfolios across a variety of sectors
- Landlord and Tenant – we advise in the grant, acquisition and renewal of leases for business premises and related transactions
- Development – we excel in site assembly, development and plot sales for housebuilders, commercial developers and mixed-use schemes, particularly for major projects across the region
- Planning and Environmental – our specialist planning service gives advice on all aspects of planning, highways, environment and local government law to clients across all sectors
- Property Finance – we advise borrowers and lenders (including independent reports on title) on secured lending against investment, trading business and development property
They are one of the most approachable firms, very down-to-earth, but look at the wider picture.
Chambers and Partners UK, 2019
We constantly strive to add value to everything we do, this includes:
- Developing close relationships with our clients in order to achieve a thorough understanding of your business and objectives
- Working closely with our clients’ other professional advisors, often project managing the initiative with the surveyors, architects, planning consultants, construction teams, accountants and bankers
- We seek to proactively advise clients to help you navigate potential issues before they become major challenges
Coffin Mew LLP handles property development projects, property investment work and landlord and tenant matters for an impressive range of clients. It often works in conjunction with its corporate and insolvency teams and is also acting increasingly for rural estates and farms. Recent work includes assisting the Roquebrook Group on the acquisition of sites for mixed-use, commercial and residential development in London, which involved obtaining planning permission as well as advising on securing funding from a number of lenders and private equity investors. The team is also acting for a farm owner on the sale of land to a national house builder for the construction of 450 houses and other infrastructure, a matter which has involved public consultations. Nick Leavey is the experienced practice head and Amanda Read, Peter Fellows, David Thomas and Malcolm Poynter are other key names.
Legal 500, 2019
Coffin Mew LLP’s ‘service is flexible and versatile, and is always able to cater to the client’s needs’.
Legal 500, 2017
They offer a knowledgeable, speedy and comprehensive service
All our dealings with them are very positive. They are ready to discuss sticking point issues and come to practical resolutions.
Chambers and Partners 2018
We will invest time to understand your business, objectives and challenges. We are happy to organise a no-obligation meeting to discuss the ways we can help you to achieve your objectives.
If you would like further information please contact us on 023 9238 8021 or click below to send an email.