We’re not just legal experts. We act as business advisors to help you race ahead of the field by commercialising opportunities whilst managing risk in this rapidly changing, constantly challenging world. For us, the digital revolution is something to embrace.
We regularly assess emerging technologies and invest in our own systems to ensure we can work step-by-step with you at all stages of your business cycle. Our team support well established large technology businesses, start-up and scale-ups and those business looking to move from old tech to new.
The pace of change in the modern workplace continues to race ahead and we can help to future-proof your business helping you to remain competitive and attract and retain the best talent. Some examples of the variety of services which we offer in this sector are below.
We know that as brand owners, developers and innovators you need to focus your energies on products and growth, rather than letting yourselves get bogged down with compliance and administrative issues. Our advise is timely, responsive and commercial.
Our technology sector team draws upon the experience of the entire full-service practice to deliver a robust and integrated support service, which includes:
- Support for start-up and scale-up business including our fixed-fee First Call service
- Assisting with company incorporation matters including the drafting of bespoke articles of association
- Advising on alternative financial investment structures such as crowdfunding, private equity and angel investors
- Helping manage company compliance issues relating to staggered funding
- Managing licensing renewals, applications and extensions
- Protecting confidential and commercially sensitive information as well as drafting and enforcing restrictive covenants
- Helping to avoid and/or to successfully resolve commercial disputes
- Leading, negotiating and completing property lease renewals, site acquisitions, planning submissions and construction disputes
- Wealth management, tax and estate planning including Business Property Relief and Entrepreneurs’ Relief
- Business Lasting Powers of Attorney and Specific Powers of Attorney
Discover the ways in which we have supported our clients within the Technology sector here:
For more information on how our Technology sector team can help you and your business, please contact us today.
Keep up to date with our latest tech sector updates below.
Our latest thinking...
Lindsay Taylor explains the legal concerns surrounding technology in social care for Computer Weekly.
Emma Stevens & Samantha Kerins talk to Computing about the key tech trends of 2019.
Andrew Jerrard lists the key points that brand owners and influencers need to consider.
Eve Laws highlights the impact technology is having on the real estate sector and how we can prepare for the future.
How can smart pill technology, aka ingestible pills help take care of your loved ones? Lindsay Taylor takes a look into the latest advances in Bio Tech in the care and protection sector.
In the first of this two part blog series we highlight some of the key factors for technology businesses to bear in mind when considering merger and acquisition deals.
Charlotte Allery looks at the pros and cons of wearable tech in the workplace and the implications to employers.
According to recent research by Egress Software Technologies, a whopping 24% of UK employees have purposely shared business information to people outside of their organisation, and that’s just the people who admitted it.
There is so much going on in the world of tech at the moment that it is difficult to focus on any one thing and to separate the noise from what is really worth listening to.