Diversifying rural and agricultural businesses
The agricultural and rural business sector is facing complex challenges due to the pace and volume of of legal and regulatory change – not least as a result of the UK’s departure from the EU.
Traditional land-based activities are increasingly now having to be supplemented through diversification, in order to ensure success in rural enterprises.
Specialist legal advice and support is often needed to deal with these complex challenges. At Coffin Mew, we recognise that the agriculture and rural business sector is often more than simply about commercial enterprise – it is also inherently defined by the livelihoods of those who work in it.
We have established a dedicated sector team, comprising lawyers from across our practice groups, who individually and collectively possess expertise and knowledge relevant to the issues faced by those who live and work in this sector.
We provide advice to a range of farmers, producers, growers and other rural enterprises throughout the south.
Areas of specialism
Our specialisms include:
- Employment – including redundancies, restructuring, disciplinary procedures, discrimination and tribunals
- Commercial – contractual arrangements, standard terms and protection of intellectual property rights
- Food and drink – food safety, regulatory and enforcement issues.
- Dispute resolution – including contractual and land disputes
- Corporate – governance, ownership restructurings, the purchase and sale of businesses and assets, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, partnerships, and all types of equity and fundraising.
- Regulatory and compliance issues.
For more information on diversifying your rural business, or if you would like to speak to a member of the team, please contact us on 01635 521 212.