Terms and Conditions
Information about us
www.coffinmew.co.uk is a site operated by Coffin Mew LLP (“We”). We are a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales under company number OC323868 and our registered office and main trading address is at 1000 Lakeside North Harbour Portsmouth Hampshire PO6 3EN. Our VAT number is 901 8053 55.
We are authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulations Authority (registered number 463138) in England and Wales. For more information about the Solicitors Regulations Authority and their regulatory role and the professional rules that apply to our services please visit their official websites.
Accessing our site
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to suspend, withdraw, or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
Our site changes regularly
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software. You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you. Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out above. If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links from our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site;
- or use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation;
- or any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Terms & Conditions for Competitions and Prize Draws
1. The competitions ran on Twitter (@Coffin_mew), Facebook (Coffin Mew Solicitors) and LinkedIn (Coffin Mew Solicitors) are operated by Coffin Mew LLP. To be entered into the competition participants must complete follow the instructions on the individual, relevant post. All participants must be over the age of 18.
2. The competition will start on the date the post went live, unless stated otherwise. The closing date/time will be specified on each post.
3. The winner will be independently selected at random from all valid entries returned by participants. The selected winner will be announced as specified on the relevant post and contact will be requested to be made by the competition winner to Coffin Mew LLP.
4. Prize/s are available to the selected winner only. The prize will be stated on the relevant post.
5. The prize is offered subject to full accordance to the competition instructions on the relevant post. We will not be responsible for any entries not submitting due to a technical fault, network or server failure of the social media platform. Entry to the competition is accepted agreement to these Terms and Conditions.
6. The winner will be announced and required to make contact with Coffin Mew LLP as requested. If a winner does not respond within 7 days of being notified, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and we will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above. In the event that Coffin Mew LLP is unable to award the prize for any reason, a suitable alternative will be chosen by Coffin Mew LLP in its sole discretion. Otherwise, there are no prize substitutions or cash alternatives and the prize is not transferable.
7. Our decision regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
8. Not open to employees of Coffin Mew or its affiliated and/or wholly or partly owned entities.
10. Winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the prize draw which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media.
11. The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
Your use of this site is governed by the laws of England.
You consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of this website.
Changes to these terms
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
If you have any questions or concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact email@example.com.