Event: Tech Solent – a new Solent initiative
Join us with Cogeco Peer 1, Solent University and Southampton City Council on Friday 14th June for a new initiative to promote the Solent as a tech destination.
TechSolent is the inaugural event to connect, celebrate and promote the tech industry across Southampton and wider Solent region.
This half-day event is designed specifically for the tech community and will be held on Friday 14th June at the iconic Spark Building at Solent University. TechSolent will also see the launch of a programme of follow-up events throughout 2019/20, ‘Tech Talks’, which will stimulate cross-sectoral partnerships, thought leadership and new commercial opportunities arising from technological developments.
Our keynote speakers
- Dame Wendy Hall (DBE FRS FREng, the Government’s AI Champion and Regius Professor of Computer Science, Executive Director – Web Science Institute @ University of Southampton) who will set the strategic context of technology in the Solent region; covering developments at societal, economic, government and aggregate business level. This will touch upon areas from trading policy to growth initiatives.
- Simon Schofield, CTO of BAR (Ben Ainslie Racing) Technologies, will address the commercial application of technology; the opportunities and the challenges.
This will be followed by the opportunity to network with your peers from across the region, as well as the speakers. You will also be able to visit the stands of various tech exhibitors in Solent University’s ‘Marketplace’.
The event will wrap up with a choice of one of three breakout sessions:
- Exploring the practical implementation of IoT technology (IBM).
- Gigabit Fibre and investing in high-speed infrastructure.
- Accelerating local tech-start up ventures and accessing global funding/opportunities.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Reserve your place here:
Friday 14th June 2019 09:00 – 13:00
Solent Conference Centre, The Spark,
Solent University, East Park Terrace, Southampton, SO14 0YN