Event: Employment workshop – Mental health in the workplace
Coffin Mew and Hays are delighted to be hosting our latest Employment Workshop on Tuesday 15 October 2019.
- Location: Lakeside North Harbour, Western Road, Portsmouth, PO6 3EN
- Date: Tuesday 15th October
- Time: 8.30am – Registration and light breakfast, session to run between 9.00am-10.30am
It will come as no surprise at all that mental health and wellbeing at work continues to be one of the most difficult and complicated issues that employers encounter, with statistics showing that one in four of us will experience mental ill health at some point in our lives. Indeed, the cost to employers of poor mental health is estimated to be between £33bn and £42bn a year (a cost per employee of between £1,205 and £1,560 per year for all employees, not just those who are unwell).
It is important that employers take steps to promote positive mental health and provide support to staff members experiencing mental ill health. Getting it wrong can be extremely damaging to staff morale and reputation, and can be time consuming and costly.
This workshop is designed to ensure that employers are up to date and understand their responsibilities and obligations and will also look at what organisations can do to improve and support their employees’ wellbeing practically.
Leon Deakin, Partner and Head of Employment, and Charlotte Allery, Solicitor, and Anna Golaswski, Stratus Coaching Limited, will be taking you through mental health awareness, examples of best practice, policy and legal obligations plus common areas of difficulty and conflict, such as the duty to make reasonable adjustments.
At the end of the session, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the importance of mental health and wellbeing at work
- Know their legal obligations and responsibilities
- Be up to date on recent case law and guidance
- Better support people who may be struggling at work with mental ill health
- Know where to find sources of information and support
- Share best practices
The Workshop is aimed at Directors, Business Owners, Managers and HR professionals who deal with people in the workplace and have a responsibility for their wellbeing.
The session will be interactive and you will also have opportunities to ask questions and network with other delegates.