Event: Employment law breakfast seminar – Brighton – 18 October
Navigating the modern workplace
We are hosting an Autumn 2018 Employment law update in Brighton on 18 October.
The session will focus on some of the most difficult issues employers face in the modern workplace.
• Handling sexual harassment allegations in the #MeToo era
With awareness and reporting of inappropriate behaviour in the workplace on the rise, we guide you through some of the most difficult issues employers face when handling complaints, including:
– how to investigate properly but sensitively;
– the burden of proof where evidence is conflicting;
– requests for anonymity;
– subject access requests; and
– settlement and confidentiality.
• Employment status and a-typical engagements
We will discuss zero hour contract developments and the future, as well as other flexible and agile working top tips arising from the more unusual patterns we see. We will also run through the latest in the Gig Economy status cases and what it means in practice for all employers.
• Case law update – what’s on the horizon?
Including the possible widening of gender pay reporting, Brexit, and GDPR six months on.
There will also be an opportunity to ask the team any questions you have on these topics, or any other areas of employment law, as well as share best practice.
This seminar is best suited for HR professionals and those with responsibility for HR within their organisation.
Spaces are limited so please book early. Please click here to register.