Employment law update – Living with Covid & Sickness Absence
We are hosting an Employment Law Update webinar in conjunction with Kelta HR on Tuesday 24th May 9.30 – 11.00am. The webinar will focus on the new Living with Covid Guidance and Sickness Absence in the workplace. The session will include a presentation and Q&As and is free to attend.
As many employers know, the Government have issued new guidance for ‘living with Covid’ which puts the onus on employers and individuals to deal with Covid going forwards. The main change is the removal of the legal requirement to self-isolate. Whilst the new guidance is a positive sign for many of a return to pre-covid times, there are undoubtedly many points that will require consideration by employers in order to ensure their workforce are adequately protected whilst balancing the effective running of the organisation.
Our employment law update on living with Covid and sickness absence is a great way to ensure you are familiar with and understand the key employment law issues in this area and how best to approach the new guidance within your organisation. It is also a good way to recap on dealing with sickness absence in the workplace.
Topics we will be covering include:
- Overview of the Living with Covid guidance
- Issues for employers to consider
- Covid-19 testing & the UK GDPR
- What to do if someone tests positive for Covid
- Pay issues in relation to employees absent from work
- A reminder on SSP and sick pay
- Other mitigation practices
- The importance of updating your policies and procedures
- Practical tips for dealing with the new guidance