Court of Protection Caseload Continues to Rise
In March 2018, Hannah Rowlatt from our Court of Protection Team commented on the rising caseload of the Court of Protection. After another quarter, the applications made under the Mental Capacity Act to the Court of Protection are running at a record high.
The latest statistics record that between January and March 2018, 8,089 applications were made and 10,262 orders were granted, up 3% and 15% respectively. These records are the highest quarterly volumes seen since records began.
The Coffin Mew Court of Protection Team have also grown in size and have developed their expertise with five qualified solicitors. The team are experts in advising on the following matters;
- Deputyship Applications – Property and Affairs & Health and Welfare
- Trustee Act Applications
- Statutory Will and Gifting Applications
- Management of property and affairs for individuals under Professional Deputyships and LPAs
- Challenging Local Authority Funding Decisions
- Continuing Healthcare Claims
- Advising on Deprivation of Liberty Orders
- Enduring Powers of Attorney Registrations
- Advice for Deputies and Attorneys
- Personal Injury Trusts.
If you require advice in relation to applications made to the Court of Protection, the Coffin Mew Court of Protection Team can be contacted on 023 9238 8021.
Statistic also show that the rapid growth in the number of Lasting Powers of Attorney registered with the Office of the Public Guardian has started to slow down. Enduring Power of Attorney registrations were also down 25% from the equivalent quarter in 2017. Should you require advice in relation to LPAs for Property and Affairs & Health and Welfare, you can contact the Coffin Mew Wills Trusts and Probate Team on 023 9238 8021.