Coronavirus – an update for our clients and contacts
Following the latest Government announcement on 31 October, we want to reassure our clients and contacts that we are taking all necessary steps to follow Government guidance to help to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. As we navigate the evolving circumstances this winter, the well-being, safety and health of our clients and staff remains our top priority.
We are very much open for business during the lockdown period and we will continue to operate our full range of legal services through our agile working practices, ensuring our clients continue to receive great service, safely and securely, as and when they require it.
What do the new lockdown restrictions mean for the delivery of legal services?
- Law firms are permitted to stay open during lockdown, if they follow the COVID-19 secure guidelines.
- Law firms have been asked by the government to conduct as much of their business as possible remotely.
- If a face to face meeting needs to take place, because it cannot be done remotely, then all parties are required to follow the appropriate social distancing and hygiene rules set out in our client guide on our website.
What do the new lockdown restrictions mean for you?
- You are able to instruct us remotely/digitally without needing to travel to one of our offices to sort your affairs and we will keep your matters progressing as normal.
- We are able to operate all our services over the telephone and by email and if you prefer through the use of video conferencing (Zoom/Teams)
- If you do need to meet face to face with your lawyer, then we can organise an appointment for you in our COVID-19 Safe office locations, where we follow best practice health, safety and hygiene protocols.
We would encourage you to communicate electronically with us to reduce reliance on physical post, in order to minimise the risk of the transmission of the virus and, where possible, we will send documents and correspondence to you by email. Please do not hand deliver your documents to our offices during lockdown, unless you have a pre-arranged appointment to do so – this will help to protect the health of our staff and to ensure we are interacting with you in the safest possible way.
Email addresses and direct mobile numbers for all our people can be found on our website.
In accordance with the Government’s revised guidelines if you are over 60 or clinically vulnerable, you could be at higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19s and should be especially careful to minimise contact with others, including face to face interaction with your professional advisers.
We are here to support you during this uncertain time, so please do get in touch with us if you have any concerns or questions.