CSR at Coffin Mew – our commitment to our community and the environment
As a firm which has its roots firmly anchored to the local community for over 100 years, our personal connections and responsibilities to those communities, to our people and our environment really matter to us.
The way we conduct our business is guided by values of honesty and integrity, client focus and team spirit.
We use those values to have a positive impact on not only the people who work for Coffin Mew but in the firm’s relationship with the outside world. We are dependent on our natural environment and the wider social community.
We have a long history of commitment and support to local community groups and charities. We are committed to giving our time, energy, skills and ideas to projects and events.
We look at every opportunity to minimise our impact on the environment and to reduce our carbon footprint and use sustainable resources.
Our people are the engine of the firm and strive for a diverse workplace where people are valued and encouraged to develop their unique skills.
Charity and Community
At Coffin Mew we are aware of our responsibility to the communities in which we operate and we are proud of our involvement in our local communities. We are committed to giving our time, energy, ideas and skills to help those in our community. Our commitment to our community and charity reflects our core values of honesty and integrity, client focus and team spirit.
Coffin Mew is pleased to support the following charities:
- using local businesses to provide services wherever possible
- ensuring that everyone across the firm has the opportunity to get involved
- to manage our impact as a firm on our community honestly and proactively
- use charitable team building events to build on our team spirit
- supporting employees who choose to carry out voluntary work in their own time
- focusing on our clients and supporting their community and charitable events
At Coffin Mew we are committed to minimising our impact on the environment. We are proud that we are proactive in reducing the effect that our operations have on our environment.
Our aim is to continually reduce the firm’s carbon footprint and to come up with new ways and ideas to achieve this.
We shall work with staff, clients and suppliers to develop a business model which will sustain that reduction into the future.
We shall measure our carbon footprint annually to ensure that we are achieving our goals.
- To comply with all relevant environmental legislation
- To reduce our carbon footprint by 10%
- To recycle or reuse all that we can
- Wherever possible, use sustainable resources
- The conservation of energy through efficient use of equipment and resources
- To reduce our consumption of materials
- Share our environmental law knowledge with our clients and suppliers
- Provide training and support to our staff to raise awareness of environmental issues